Steven's Knowledge

Presentations

English for tech talks, demos, and presentations (技术分享、演示、汇报的英文)

Opening (开场)

Greeting the audience (问候听众)

  • "Good morning everyone, thanks for joining." — 大家早上好,感谢参加。
  • "Hi everyone — let's get started." — 大家好——我们开始吧。
  • "Thanks for making the time to be here." — 谢谢你们抽空来。

Introducing yourself (自我介绍)

  • "For those who don't know me, I'm Alex from the platform team." — 不认识我的同事,我是平台团队的 Alex。
  • "I've been working on X for the past three months." — 过去三个月我一直在做 X。

Setting context (引入背景)

  • "Today I want to walk you through..." — 今天我想带大家了解一下…… (walk through = 详细讲解)
  • "What I'd like to cover today is..." — 今天我想讲的内容是……
  • "The goal of this talk is..." — 这次分享的目标是……
  • "By the end of this talk, you'll know..." — 这次分享结束后,你们会了解……

Setting the agenda (议程)

  • "Here's what we'll cover." — 这是我们要讲的内容。
  • "I'll start with X, then move on to Y, and finish with Z." — 我会先讲 X,然后讲 Y,最后讲 Z。
  • "This will take about 20 minutes, leaving time for Q&A at the end." — 大约 20 分钟,最后留时间答疑。

Transitions (过渡)

  • "Let's dive into..." — 我们深入讲一下…… (dive in = 深入)
  • "Moving on to..." — 接下来讲……
  • "Now let's look at..." — 现在我们看一下……
  • "With that out of the way, let's talk about..." — 把这个讲完了,我们来聊聊……
  • "That brings us to..." — 这就引出了……
  • "Building on that..." — 在这个基础上……

Explaining Things (讲解)

Pointing to slides (指向幻灯片)

  • "As you can see on the slide..." — 大家可以看到幻灯片上……
  • "Here we have..." — 这里我们有……
  • "This chart shows..." — 这张图表展示了……
  • "On the left, you'll see..." — 左边大家可以看到……

Emphasizing (强调)

  • "The key takeaway here is..." — 核心要点是…… (takeaway = 要点 / 收获)
  • "What I want you to remember is..." — 我想让大家记住的是……
  • "The important thing is..." — 重要的是……
  • "This is the crucial part." — 这是关键的部分。
  • "I can't stress this enough — ..." — 我必须强调一下——……

Clarifying / Simplifying (简化)

  • "In other words..." — 换句话说……
  • "To put it simply..." — 简单来说……
  • "Essentially..." — 本质上……
  • "At a high level..." — 从宏观上看……
  • "To give you a concrete example..." — 举个具体的例子……

Comparing (比较)

  • "Compared to X, Y is..." — 跟 X 相比,Y 是……
  • "The difference is..." — 区别在于……
  • "Whereas X does this, Y does that." — X 是这样做,而 Y 是那样做。

Demos (演示)

  • "Let me show you what this looks like in action." — 让我演示一下实际效果。
  • "I'll switch to a quick demo." — 我切换到一个简短的演示。
  • "As I click here, you'll see..." — 我点击这里,大家会看到……
  • "This is a real example from production." — 这是一个生产环境的真实例子。
  • "Don't worry if you can't follow every step — we'll share the recording." — 不必担心跟不上每一步——我们会分享录像。

When demos go wrong (演示出错时)

  • "That's not what I expected — let me try again." — 这不是我预期的——让我再试一次。
  • "Demo gods aren't with me today." — 今天演示之神没站在我这边。(自嘲常用)
  • "Let me skip ahead — I have a screenshot of how this should look." — 我跳过一下——我有截图展示这应该是什么样。

Closing (收尾)

Summarizing (总结)

  • "To recap..." — 回顾一下……
  • "To wrap up..." — 总结一下……
  • "The three takeaways are..." — 三个要点是……
  • "In summary..." — 总而言之……

Call to action (号召行动)

  • "Here's what I'd love for you to take away." — 这是我希望大家带走的。
  • "If you remember one thing, let it be..." — 如果只记住一件事,那就是……
  • "Try X this week and let me know how it goes." — 这周试一下 X,告诉我效果如何。

Inviting questions (邀请提问)

  • "Happy to take any questions." — 很乐意回答问题。
  • "What questions do you have?" — 大家有什么问题?(比 "Any questions?" 更鼓励发言)
  • "I'll open it up for Q&A." — 我开放问答时间。
  • "Don't hold back — even half-formed questions are great." — 别藏着——即使是不成形的问题也欢迎。

Final thanks (致谢)

  • "Thanks everyone for listening." — 谢谢大家的聆听。
  • "Thanks for your attention." — 感谢关注。
  • "Find me afterward if you want to chat more." — 想继续聊的同事会后找我。
  • "Slides and recording will be in #engineering." — 幻灯片和录像会发到 #engineering 频道。

Handling Q&A (回答问题)

When you understand the question (听懂问题)

  • "Great question." — 好问题。(经典回答,但用太多会显得敷衍)
  • "That's something I thought a lot about." — 这个我想过很多。
  • "Yes — and to add to that..." — 是的——而且补充一点……

When you need clarification (需要澄清)

  • "Could you say more about what you mean?" — 能详细说一下你的意思吗?
  • "Are you asking about X or Y?" — 你问的是 X 还是 Y?
  • "Just to make sure I understand the question..." — 确认一下我理解了问题……

When you don't know (不知道答案)

Important 重要: It's okay to say "I don't know" — pretending kills credibility.

说 "我不知道" 是可以的——装懂会丧失信任。

  • "That's a great question — I don't know off the top of my head." — 这是个好问题——我现在记不清。
  • "I'm not sure — let me follow up after." — 我不确定——会后跟进。
  • "I'd want to double-check before answering." — 我想核实一下再回答。
  • "Anyone in the audience know?" — 有听众知道吗?(把问题转给观众也可以)

When the question is off-topic (问题跑题)

  • "That's a great topic for another time." — 这是个适合下次单独聊的话题。
  • "Let's take that one offline." — 我们会下聊吧。
  • "Happy to chat about that after." — 很乐意会后讨论。

When the question is hostile (敌意问题)

Stay calm, professional, don't get defensive.

保持冷静、专业,不要防御。

  • "That's a fair concern. Here's how I'd think about it..." — 这是个合理的担忧。我是这样想的……
  • "I hear you. Let me explain my reasoning..." — 我理解你。让我解释一下我的思路……
  • "I'd love to dig into that with you separately." — 我想会下和你深入聊一下。

Common Presentation Vocabulary (常用词汇)

EnglishChinese
Slide deck幻灯片
Audience听众
Q&A问答环节
Walk through详细讲解
Deep dive深入讲解
High level概览 / 宏观
In the weeds太深入细节
Takeaway要点 / 收获
Recap回顾
Demo演示
Whiteboard白板(讲解)
Screen share屏幕共享

Filler Phrases to Buy Time (拖时间的过渡语)

When you need a moment to think:

需要时间思考时:

  • "That's an interesting point." — 这是个有意思的点。
  • "Let me think about that for a second." — 让我想一下。
  • "Good question — give me a moment to gather my thoughts." — 好问题——让我整理一下思路。

Tips (小贴士)

  • Speak slower than you think you need to — Non-native and native listeners alike benefit. 比你以为需要的速度更慢。
  • Pause after key points — Let the audience absorb. 重点之后停顿一下。
  • Eye contact, not script-reading — Look up. 不要盯着稿子读。
  • Embrace silence — Quiet moments feel longer to you than to listeners. 沉默对你比对听众感觉更长。
  • Practice the first minute — A confident opening sets the tone for everything. 把开头的 1 分钟练熟。
  • Avoid filler words — "um", "you know", "like" undercut credibility. Replace them with pauses. 少用 "um"、"you know" 这类口头禅,用停顿代替。

On this page