Steven's Knowledge

Greetings & Small Talk

Daily greetings and casual chat expressions (日常打招呼与寒暄)

Greetings (打招呼)

Morning / Start of Day (早上 / 一天开始)

  • "Good morning!" — 早上好!(最常见)
  • "Morning!" — 早!(更随意,同事之间)
  • "Hey, how's it going?" — 嘿,最近怎么样?(熟人之间)
  • "Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend." — 大家好,希望你们周末过得不错。(周一开会常用开场)

During the Day (白天)

  • "Hey, how are you?" — 嘿,你好吗?(标准问候)
  • "How's your day going?" — 你今天过得怎么样?(比 how are you 更具体)
  • "What's up?" — 怎么样?/ 有事吗?(非常随意)
  • "Long time no see!" — 好久不见!(虽然来自中式英语,但已被广泛接受)

End of Day / Goodbye (一天结束 / 告别)

  • "Have a good one!" — 祝你愉快!(万能告别语)
  • "Talk to you later." — 回头聊。
  • "See you tomorrow." — 明天见。
  • "Have a great weekend!" — 周末愉快!(周五常用)
  • "Enjoy your evening." — 晚上愉快。
  • "Take care." — 保重。(亲切版告别)

Responding to Greetings (回应问候)

When someone asks "How are you?", they usually don't want a real answer. A short positive response is expected.

当有人问 "How are you?",他们通常并不想听真实答案。回一个简短积极的答复就可以。

  • "I'm good, thanks. You?" — 还不错,谢谢,你呢?(标准答案)
  • "Pretty good, how about you?" — 挺好的,你呢?
  • "Not bad." — 还行。
  • "Hanging in there." — 还撑得住。(暗示有点累但还好)
  • "Can't complain." — 还不错。(字面 "没什么好抱怨的")
  • "Same old, same old." — 老样子。

Small Talk Topics (闲聊话题)

Weather (天气)

  • "Nice weather today, isn't it?" — 今天天气不错,是吧?
  • "It's freezing outside." — 外面冷死了。
  • "Crazy heat lately." — 最近热得离谱。

Weekend / Plans (周末 / 计划)

  • "Any plans for the weekend?" — 周末有什么计划吗?
  • "How was your weekend?" — 周末过得怎么样?
  • "Did you do anything fun?" — 做了什么有趣的事吗?
  • "Just relaxed at home." — 就在家放松了一下。
  • "Same here." — 我也是。

Work (工作)

  • "How's the project going?" — 项目进展怎么样?
  • "Busy week?" — 这周忙吗?
  • "Swamped." — 忙翻了。(swamped = 被淹没)
  • "Getting there." — 还在路上 / 快好了。

Joining and Leaving Conversations (加入与离开对话)

  • "Mind if I join?" — 介意我加入吗?
  • "Sorry to interrupt, but..." — 抱歉打断一下……
  • "I'll let you get back to it." — 我不打扰你了 / 你忙吧。
  • "I'll catch you later." — 回头再聊。
  • "I should probably head out." — 我该走了。

Cultural Notes (文化提示)

  • Don't over-share — When asked "How are you?" don't answer with detailed personal problems unless you know the person well. 当被问 "How are you?" 时,除非很熟,否则不要详细讲自己的烦恼。
  • Smile and eye contact — Even brief greetings benefit from genuine eye contact. 哪怕只是打个招呼,眼神交流也很重要。
  • Names matter — Using someone's name in greetings ("Morning, Alex!") feels much warmer than just "Morning!". 在问候中加上对方名字会显得更亲切。
  • "How are you?" is not always a question — It's often just a greeting. A nod and "Good, you?" is enough. "How are you?" 常常只是问候,不是真问题,回个 "Good, you?" 就够了。

On this page